Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Understanding One Search Results
No matter which database you are using, your search results page will have the same basic features (as highlighted in red below):
- The number of search results, usually above the list of results.
- Some options for narrowing or refining your search results, usually on the left side.
- An indication of what type of resources are available, either as an icon/image or explained with words.
- The results themselves. The title is a link to more information about that resource.
- Information showing if the resource is available in the library building or if the full-text is available online.